Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tucson Triathlon

Today is “tri day”  - the day of the Tucson Triathlon.  Start time is 6:30 AM.  I roll out of bed at 5:50 AM.  No I did not oversleep.. No worries, no rush…I calmly pad into the kitchen and put on the tea kettle.   In truth, I wish I was at the edge of the U of A pool pulling on my swim cap and goggles.  I had to withdraw from the race.  (Words like withdraw and retreat are rarely associated with my name.)

That virus knocked me for a loop. My energy level is just about approaching normal.  Todd, my coach, says that is expected and that it will probably take me a good 6 weeks to get back on course.  Dr. Tirrito was very encouraging, as always, when he related how the same happened to him on occasions.  Most importantly, I am in a healthy recovery and I am very grateful for that.

I will take a walk this morning, thinking of the participants in the triathlon.  I hope that they all have a very safe and exciting day!   Best wishes to all!

No comments: